25 May 2009

my love for pickles.


I have started making pickles. A lot of pickles. There is something about a cold, crisp pickle that just can't be beat. As a snack to hold you over until dinner. As the perfect addition to a sandwich. They are a great thing to have in your fridge. And it makes it even better if you have made them yourself.

I have been very happy with all the pickles that I have made. But these take the cake. I probably love them more than other pickles because of the memories they bring of the restaurant that they are from... a restaurant that I would gladly travel back to Minneapolis for any day. But until that next trip comes, at least I have some pickles to hold me over.

Pickles

4 seedless english cucumbers, sliced very thin
2 cerano chilis, sliced thin
2 fresno chilis, sliced thin
4 garlic cloves, sliced thin

4 cups rice wine vinegar
4 cups sugar

Boil the vinegar and sugar together until sugar is dissolved. Pour over cucumbers, chilis and garlic in a large bowl. Allow to cool to room temperature. Pour into jars and refrigerate.

1 comment:

Eddie said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......pickles.

i will take two jars if you dont mind.