11 March 2008

an amazing find.


I just wanted to share with you all this amazing thing that I picked up at Whole Foods the other day. Anyone who visits Whole Foods regularly knows that they have a great cheese department with lots of little sample to enjoy as you peruse their selection. Well, my cheese department wander led me to a fantastic find: Palatte Fine Foods Chili Honey. It was sitting there, calling out to me next to a pile of Dubliner Cheddar cubes that were just waiting to be dunked into their new neighbor. It was a pairing to jump around about. The honey has a deep honey sweet flavor with a hint of heat from the peppers, which is obvious, but not overwhelming. Paired with the slightly salty cheese, it is a match made in heaven. I couldn't resist. I picked up a honey jar and a slab of cheese and headed home excitedly to enjoy it with my fresh loaf of Olive Oil Focaccia from Lucia's To-Go. It was the best Sunday afternoon snack a gal could ask for. I highly suggest you try it.

No comments: